Type over feature

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Gitte

Type over feature

Post by Gitte »

Currently, when I tab into the next field (or go back to a previous field), it highlights the field but does not erase what is in it when I start typing. Let's say the field already has the Chicago in it as a city and I want to tab into it to change it to Boston, it highlights the field when I tab into it, but when I start typing it looks like this: ChicagoBoston.
I would love to see it just type over the existing data instead of having to delete it first and then being able to enter the new data.

NeilZ

Re: Type over feature

Post by NeilZ »

Gitte wrote:Currently, when I tab into the next field (or go back to a previous field), it highlights the field but does not erase what is in it when I start typing. Let's say the field already has the Chicago in it as a city and I want to tab into it to change it to Boston, it highlights the field when I tab into it, but when I start typing it looks like this: ChicagoBoston.
I would love to see it just type over the existing data instead of having to delete it first and then being able to enter the new data.
The only way for this to happen is for you to double click the entry with your mouse, then you start to type. I believe that's a limitation of the programming environment used.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Type over feature

Post by Jeff »

Just a follow up. This feature has been added in version 12. Released November 2017.