Central NY users

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

cbrown

Central NY users

Post by cbrown »

I’m trying to find other uses of PowerChurch in Central New York. The company cannot provide names of other users so they suggested a post here on the form. I’m interested in knowing which modules you use and how you incorporate them into your financials, and what reports you use for your accounting side. We are going to be losing our treasurer, and I will be training the new treasurer on the use of power church. I can be reached at cbrown154@me.com. Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: Central NY users

Post by NeilZ »

cbrown wrote:I’m trying to find other uses of PowerChurch in Central New York. The company cannot provide names of other users so they suggested a post here on the form. I’m interested in knowing which modules you use and how you incorporate them into your financials, and what reports you use for your accounting side. We are going to be losing our treasurer, and I will be training the new treasurer on the use of power church. I can be reached at cbrown154@me.com. Thank you.
A lot depends on whether or not you've been using Powerchurch for accounting in the past. What reports do you normally see, etc.

I'm not in NY, but at two churches I've installed Powerchurch on, all the financial modules (Contributions, Funds Accounting, Payroll, & Accounts Payable) are used, at another they also use the Accounts Receivable module.

The integration is seamless from the financial modules (Contrib, AR, AP) to Funds Accounting. All financial reports flow out of Powerchurch. We use the reports as written, which involved some initial training with the church boards in order for them to see how the data is presented vs. what they were getting before. They're getting MORE data, and have come to find out that it keeps them from second guessing a lot of things.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

cbrown

Post by cbrown »

Thanks Neil. I’m getting pretty adept at using power church, partly from reading all the great information that you put in. What I’m looking for is to compare notes with another user/treasurer to see if we can perhaps streamline our entire accounting process a little more. I sometimes think we are processing too much information as opposed to too little. I do not have an accounting background, but I am pretty adept at software. If I knew more about accounting, I might volunteer for the role of treasurer at our church, but I think with all my other responsibilities there, it might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

cbrown wrote:Thanks Neil. I’m getting pretty adept at using power church, partly from reading all the great information that you put in. What I’m looking for is to compare notes with another user/treasurer to see if we can perhaps streamline our entire accounting process a little more. I sometimes think we are processing too much information as opposed to too little. I do not have an accounting background, but I am pretty adept at software. If I knew more about accounting, I might volunteer for the role of treasurer at our church, but I think with all my other responsibilities there, it might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back!
My only encounter with any accounting training was a summer semester course I took back in High School for no credit. It was being offered, and I figured it would come in handy. Now some 45 years later, it does come in handy once in a while.

If you could give me an idea of what you mean by 'too much info' .. I could give you some of my thoughts.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.