Conversion from 11.5 to new 12

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

STARCHERBAPTIST

Conversion from 11.5 to new 12

Post by STARCHERBAPTIST »

I purchased PC 12 and I have performed a complete backup on files. When I try to install my new version and choose install from backup, it says error arcust data can not be done. I have tried both ways to install one from backup and one as new, but the new will not allow you to restore from 11.5 data. Any suggesgtions?

NeilZ

Re: Conversion from 11.5 to new 12

Post by NeilZ »

STARCHERBAPTIST wrote:I purchased PC 12 and I have performed a complete backup on files. When I try to install my new version and choose install from backup, it says error arcust data can not be done. I have tried both ways to install one from backup and one as new, but the new will not allow you to restore from 11.5 data. Any suggesgtions?
It sounds like there's a database table that may be corrupted.

Have you tried to do a regular direct upgrade. The program only reads the old database, and nothing will be changed. If that gives the same error, you may need to call Powerchurch support directly, as the table may have gotten corrupted previously.

Do you use the Accounts Receivable function of Powerchurch?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

You also might want to try a reindex in V11.5 before you upgrade.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:You also might want to try a reindex in V11.5 before you upgrade.
May help .. but I'm fairly sure the conversion only reads the data files, and not the index files as it needs to create new indices due to the table changes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.