Database Manager

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

alexhortdog95

Database Manager

Post by alexhortdog95 »

Hello there you all!

I was wondering if you could help us. We are in the process of upgrading from 10.4 to 12, but one of the things we are doing is going through and updating existing users in PC with email addresses.

I have a knowledge of SQL and would love to do an UPDATE statement (if possible) for each envelope number that has an email, but I don't know which table I need to look at for membership information.

Is there a DB schema somewhere of which table holds what information?

NeilZ

Re: Database Manager

Post by NeilZ »

alexhortdog95 wrote:Hello there you all!

I was wondering if you could help us. We are in the process of upgrading from 10.4 to 12, but one of the things we are doing is going through and updating existing users in PC with email addresses.

I have a knowledge of SQL and would love to do an UPDATE statement (if possible) for each envelope number that has an email, but I don't know which table I need to look at for membership information.

Is there a DB schema somewhere of which table holds what information?
While it sounds like a good idea, it may be easier just to go through the system and enter the email addresses using the "Maintain Personal Profiles" function. Trying to update the tables outside of the program can cause other issues as the program has internal checks that verify data prior to writing it to the tables, as well as indexing updates.

If you still want to try this, I'd call Powerchurch directly and they may be able to assist.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.