Unable to backup (PowerChurch 10.4)

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mihasm

Unable to backup (PowerChurch 10.4)

Post by mihasm »

I'm unable to backup/restore PowerChurch Plus 10.4 data files. It asks to install updated runtime files; the application PC10IMAPI.exec runs but nothing happens afterwards (Windows 10).
Is it possible to save the \Data directory and reinstall Powerchurch and be able to access my data again?
Any suggestions?

Thank You

NeilZ

Re: Unable to backup (PowerChurch 10.4)

Post by NeilZ »

mihasm wrote:I'm unable to backup/restore PowerChurch Plus 10.4 data files. It asks to install updated runtime files; the application PC10IMAPI.exec runs but nothing happens afterwards (Windows 10).
Is it possible to save the \Data directory and reinstall Powerchurch and be able to access my data again?
Any suggestions?

Thank You
Before you do that ... run the NETSETUP10 program in the PCPLUS10 directory that often fixes some issues like this. While this is normally used for network client install, it can be used in this manner. Also, do you have the last update for v10.4 dated 01/09/2012 ??

FWIW .. it may be a good idea to think about upgrading to v12, as 10.4 is no longer being supported with updates.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Unable to backup (PowerChurch 10.4)

Post by Zorak »

Windows 10 does not ship with .NET 2 runtimes installed by default. For certain features of PowerChurch Plus Version 10/10.4, you will need to manually download and install the .NET 2 runtime files from the Microsoft web site.