Dropdown Menus - Clearing

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sonyatch

Dropdown Menus - Clearing

Post by sonyatch »

Is there a way to clear out the auto-fill options in the drop down menus - for example when entering a new member, the City, State and Zip will show previously entered data. I have a number of entries that I rarely use and would prefer those not be there.
Thanks for any assistance!

NeilZ

Re: Dropdown Menus - Clearing

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:Is there a way to clear out the auto-fill options in the drop down menus - for example when entering a new member, the City, State and Zip will show previously entered data. I have a number of entries that I rarely use and would prefer those not be there.
Thanks for any assistance!
There isn't, however, you can turn off the auto complete from the Preferences -> User Setup -> General tab.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Reindexing the database will clean up and consolidate things like zip+4s showing in there. Go to Utilities > Reindex and choose to reindex all files.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:Reindexing the database will clean up and consolidate things like zip+4s showing in there. Go to Utilities > Reindex and choose to reindex all files.
Aha ... need to add that to a newsletter as that's something I didn't realize !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sonyatch

Post by sonyatch »

I simply have some incorrect entries that I'd love to delete - surely that info goes to a database that could be edited - or create a way to just wipe clean. Thanks so much!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:I simply have some incorrect entries that I'd love to delete - surely that info goes to a database that could be edited - or create a way to just wipe clean. Thanks so much!
I don't believe the programmer has any control over that other than turning on a property to save entries when designing the windows in the development environment. The only way to clear up the entries is to clear all of them by the reindex.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.