Screen Visibility/Font

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Nancy Mills

Screen Visibility/Font

Post by Nancy Mills »

Maybe I have not been taught how to resolve the issue, all of the pages on Powerchurch have recently become difficult to read. It appears that the font has changed. Was there a recent change in the software that caused this? How can I resolve this?

NeilZ

Re: Screen Visibility/Font

Post by NeilZ »

Nancy Mills wrote:Maybe I have not been taught how to resolve the issue, all of the pages on Powerchurch have recently become difficult to read. It appears that the font has changed. Was there a recent change in the software that caused this? How can I resolve this?
You're not saying if you're using Powerchurch Online or regular Powerchurch.

Regular Powerchurch will use the local computer's SCREEN RESOLUTION to display its fonts. If you're using Powerchurch Online, then that's a different issue, since you're using the IDS client. You have free phone support with Powerchurch Online, so if you do use that product, I'd call direct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

witterick1

Post by witterick1 »

I am using the online version of the program and am having problems with the screen fonts also. it happened after the last update.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

witterick1 wrote:I am using the online version of the program and am having problems with the screen fonts also. it happened after the last update.
As I mentioned, if you're using Powerchurch Online, you have free phone support, so give them a call.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Since we've got a huge call volume for support this time of year, something you can try before calling is to do the following:

- Delete the existing PowerChurch Online shortcut off the desktop (right click, choose Delete)
- Visit http://www.mypowerchurch.com to download and install the latest PowerChurch Online/IDS Client software
- Reinstalling will replace the shortcut on the desktop with a new one.

The new version of the IDS Client that was released a couple of months back actually has improved display and font scaling features, but we have seen some people having these display problems after the upgrade. Replacing the shortcut with a new one should fix the issue.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Add that one to my bag of tricks .. :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

LindenHB

Post by LindenHB »

I am having the exact same issue and came here specifically to see if anyone else is. The letters look like they are running together. I have not changed anything on my computer screen. This just started after last update. I thought something was wrong with my eyes. :shock:

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

LindenHB wrote:I am having the exact same issue and came here specifically to see if anyone else is. The letters look like they are running together. I have not changed anything on my computer screen. This just started after last update. I thought something was wrong with my eyes. :shock:
Are you using Powerchurch online, or local?

If Powerchurch online, then the trick Zorak listed above should fix that issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TrinAMEGon

Post by TrinAMEGon »

I have tried unsuccessfully to change the font size and orientation of the Check Register report (I am using the local PowerChurch Plus version.
The details in the Reference and Transaction Description columns are getting truncated in the pdf reports.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TrinAMEGon wrote:I have tried unsuccessfully to change the font size and orientation of the Check Register report (I am using the local PowerChurch Plus version.
The details in the Reference and Transaction Description columns are getting truncated in the pdf reports.
Are you seeing the same issue when you print the report? Are you using the Powerchurch save to PDF function?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TrinAMEGon

Post by TrinAMEGon »

Neil, Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I am still seeing the truncation once the report is printed. As a work around, I have begun running the account activity report for only the check register account and saving it to MsExcel, then cleaning up the file and reprinting it as a pdf. It gives me a little more characters before truncating the remainder of the information.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TrinAMEGon wrote:Neil, Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I am still seeing the truncation once the report is printed. As a work around, I have begun running the account activity report for only the check register account and saving it to MsExcel, then cleaning up the file and reprinting it as a pdf. It gives me a little more characters before truncating the remainder of the information.
You didn't say how you were saving to PDF, if were were using the built-in PDF printer that needs to be known so they can look at it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TrinAMEGon

Post by TrinAMEGon »

Neil, Once again, thank you for your response.
I am printing the report from within the built in PDF printer, report preview and selecting the print icon at the top of report preview screen, then selecting my personal printer in portrait format. The Reference column of the printed results appears to be displaying only 16 characters, and the Transaction Description column only displays about 41 characters. Can the font formats be changed for the columns of this report?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

TrinAMEGon wrote:Neil, Once again, thank you for your response.
I am printing the report from within the built in PDF printer, report preview and selecting the print icon at the top of report preview screen, then selecting my personal printer in portrait format. The Reference column of the printed results appears to be displaying only 16 characters, and the Transaction Description column only displays about 41 characters. Can the font formats be changed for the columns of this report?
No .. these are standard reports and the font can't be changed. However, try a different PDF printer. I use the PDF printer from Software995.com. I don't have that issue using this PDF printer driver. Its free (with ads), or paid for $9.95 per user.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TrinAMEGon

Post by TrinAMEGon »

Neil,
I ran the report from a different computer that utilized a different default PDF software and driver, and sure enough, the report fonts are smaller. Thanks. :)