tax receipts in Canada

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TheMess

tax receipts in Canada

Post by TheMess »

When I try to produce tax receipts for donations in Canada, I cannot figure out how to include all the information required by the CRA. In particular, I do not see how to include the location where the tax receipt is issued, and I do not see the words "Canada Revenue Agency www.canada.ca/charities-giving" which seem to be government requirements. I did see where to enter the charity registration number so that it appears on the tax receipts.

NeilZ

Re: tax receipts in Canada

Post by NeilZ »

TheMess wrote:When I try to produce tax receipts for donations in Canada, I cannot figure out how to include all the information required by the CRA. In particular, I do not see how to include the location where the tax receipt is issued, and I do not see the words "Canada Revenue Agency http://www.canada.ca/charities-giving" which seem to be government requirements. I did see where to enter the charity registration number so that it appears on the tax receipts.
The tax receipts issued by Powerchurch have been used for many years by the Canadian users of the program. They have been reviewed and fulfill all the requirements needed.

The website address is added on the Option page where it says "Print web page information" .. the default entry will need to be updated with the http://www.canada.ca/charities-giving website address.

EDITED: The location is taken from your church information which was entered when you setup the program.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TheMess

Post by TheMess »

Thank you for your reply. However, I checked with Canada Revenue Agency, and asked to have my question raised with an officer above the person who first answered the phone. Both insist that there should be a line that it must include
"the location where the receipt was issued (city, town, municipality)". You can see this information at
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... arity.html

I do not see how to include that information using the Power Church Plus software.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Run the Contribution Statements and choose the Total Only layout. When you get to the step that asks about printing Tax Receipts, there is a an option at the bottom of the screen to print receipt using CRA Sample #1 layout. There is a Location field that you can type into when this is enabled.

TheMess

Post by TheMess »

Thank you That seems to work