Personal Licensing of PC

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RLM

Personal Licensing of PC

Post by RLM »

My church uses PowerChurch & I continue to maintain their database; they have chosen to use only the Membership Module after I was no longer their Treasurer. I have a very high respect for this software and the support team that maintains it. I was wondering if it was acceptable to purchase a license for this software for my personal use. I realize that it is structured for church use, but I cannot find anything comparable to the functionality of this software. I am merely fact-finding at this stage. If licensing for personal use is discouraged I would like to know if anyone in the PC Community knows of another software package that would be better suited for personal use. I currently use Quicken, but am not entirely happy with it for various reasons; one of them is due to it being solely an accrual based software.
In Him,

RLM

NeilZ

Re: Personal Licensing of PC

Post by NeilZ »

RLM wrote:My church uses PowerChurch & I continue to maintain their database; they have chosen to use only the Membership Module after I was no longer their Treasurer. I have a very high respect for this software and the support team that maintains it. I was wondering if it was acceptable to purchase a license for this software for my personal use. I realize that it is structured for church use, but I cannot find anything comparable to the functionality of this software. I am merely fact-finding at this stage. If licensing for personal use is discouraged I would like to know if anyone in the PC Community knows of another software package that would be better suited for personal use. I currently use Quicken, but am not entirely happy with it for various reasons; one of them is due to it being solely an accrual based software.
I don't see any reason why they wouldn't sell you a copy, I'd call them on Monday direct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

RLM

Re: Personal Licensing of PC

Post by RLM »

NeilZ wrote:
RLM wrote:My church uses PowerChurch & I continue to maintain their database; they have chosen to use only the Membership Module after I was no longer their Treasurer. I have a very high respect for this software and the support team that maintains it. I was wondering if it was acceptable to purchase a license for this software for my personal use. I realize that it is structured for church use, but I cannot find anything comparable to the functionality of this software. I am merely fact-finding at this stage. If licensing for personal use is discouraged I would like to know if anyone in the PC Community knows of another software package that would be better suited for personal use. I currently use Quicken, but am not entirely happy with it for various reasons; one of them is due to it being solely an accrual based software.
I don't see any reason why they wouldn't sell you a copy, I'd call them on Monday direct.

Thank you Neil -
In Him,

RLM