INCOMPLETE RECONCILIATION FINALIZED

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Dione Clagg

INCOMPLETE RECONCILIATION FINALIZED

Post by Dione Clagg »

Hey guys that are smarter than I!!

I figured out using Neils comments to someone else on my last problem. I am using version 10.4, but I had two transactions that should have been posted in Sept reconciliation, but it seemed to balance so I finalized it. However, while doing starting October monthly I found a payable transaction not posted in the transactions, and an online contribution for the same amount made after the last final deposit had not posted either, it sd zero at the bottom so I finalized it! Now I am really stuck. I'm not sure how to fix this with the least amount of damage.

Please can anyone help me :?

NeilZ

Re: INCOMPLETE RECONCILIATION FINALIZED

Post by NeilZ »

dione wrote:Hey guys that are smarter than I!!

I figured out using Neils comments to someone else on my last problem. I am using version 10.4, but I had two transactions that should have been posted in Sept reconciliation, but it seemed to balance so I finalized it. However, while doing starting October monthly I found a payable transaction not posted in the transactions, and an online contribution for the same amount made after the last final deposit had not posted either, it sd zero at the bottom so I finalized it! Now I am really stuck. I'm not sure how to fix this with the least amount of damage.

I'm not going to ask why you're doing October in March, but if the bottom line on the reconcile shows ZERO, then either you checked them off, or they never hit the bank.

What happened in November?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Dione Clagg

Post by Dione Clagg »

NeilZ wrote:
dione wrote:Hey guys that are smarter than I!!

I'm not going to ask why you're doing October in March, but if the bottom line on the reconcile shows ZERO, then either you checked them off, or they never hit the bank.

What happened in November? Not that far yet! the deposit hit the bank but not the reconciliation since it was after our last deposit of the month. Since the unposted deposit (50.00) and the unposted payable (50) were the same amount , they cancelled each other out??? Thank you for not asking why I'm so far behind :) I'm the only one who knows anything about this and I have been ill. But I have til Mar 31 to get up todate :) Our contributions for the year went out by Jan 15, so that took the pressure off.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dione wrote:
What happened in November? Not that far yet! the deposit hit the bank but not the reconciliation since it was after our last deposit of the month. Since the unposted deposit (50.00) and the unposted payable (50) were the same amount , they cancelled each other out??? Thank you for not asking why I'm so far behind :) I'm the only one who knows anything about this and I have been ill. But I have til Mar 31 to get up todate :) Our contributions for the year went out by Jan 15, so that took the pressure off.
No they didn't cancel each other out, if the statement is dated Oct 30, and the deposit didn't hit the bank until Oct 31, then that's why you didn't have a problem with the unposted deposit, as far as the unposted payable, if it didn't hit the bank statement, that's why you didn't notice it.

So, the answer is post both of them and they'll probably show up in the November statement. Shouldn't be an issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Dione Clagg

Post by Dione Clagg »

Thank you for your help.