Data compatibility

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Pastor Marshall

Data compatibility

Post by Pastor Marshall »

I would love some idea om why we had two different computers with different numbers. We're running PC on our NAS Server with 3 computers feeding from it. We have a Static IP address and our network is secure.
Yet! the numbers in Accounting, Fund accounting, Reconcile bank etc. are different on the PC's. Hope we can get some help.
Pastor L. Marshall, Jr.

NeilZ

Re: Data compatibility

Post by NeilZ »

Pastor Marshall wrote:I would love some idea om why we had two different computers with different numbers. We're running PC on our NAS Server with 3 computers feeding from it. We have a Static IP address and our network is secure.
Yet! the numbers in Accounting, Fund accounting, Reconcile bank etc. are different on the PC's. Hope we can get some help.
A few possible reasons (I'm assuming v12 here, if v11.55 it is similar):

1. One of the clients is still using an older version of Powerchurch. Usually happens when there has been an upgrade from a previous version, and the older version's icon has not been deleted from the client.
2. You're not totally networked, as one of the clients is actually using a local copy of the database instead of the networked system.

What I would do is this. Go to each computer, and make sure its properly networked using the latest version, and if there is an older version installed ON THE CLIENT, uninstall that local version using the Windows' Programs & Features function. Then open "This PC' to get a look at the drives networked on that computer. Find the POWERCHURCH network drive. Go to the PCPLUS12 (or PCPLUS115) directory on the network drive, find the INSTALL directory, then double click on the NETSETUP12 (or NETSETUP115) program to run it and update the local client.

Let us know what you've found out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.