Date of a record change?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Marshall Graham

Date of a record change?

Post by Marshall Graham »

Is there any way to determine/identify when a change has been made to a table? For example, change of marital status, name change, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

NeilZ

Re: Date of a record change?

Post by NeilZ »

Marshall Graham wrote:Is there any way to determine/identify when a change has been made to a table? For example, change of marital status, name change, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't believe so. I've taken one of the extra date fields on the personal profile to use when updating it. The Mailing List Profile does have a date that is updated when something is changed on that.

There is a personal profile audit list in v12, but that only shows when mailing list and personal profiles were added, deleted and moved.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Marshall Graham

Post by Marshall Graham »

Thank you, Neil. I kinda figured that capability would have been way too helpful for it to be a supported feature.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Marshall Graham wrote:Thank you, Neil. I kinda figured that capability would have been way too helpful for it to be a supported feature.
Its actually way harder to implement than you think. You can request it via a email to 'wishlist@powerchurch.com". You'd have to show how this would improve the way you do things, what you would save in time or funds, and how you would like to see it setup.

That said, it can be easier to limit the update capability of the membership data to 1 or 2 people via the PCPlus permissions. Since only two people can update, it would be much easier to track down a change.

I've seen that 8 out of 10 people only need 'read' access to that data anyway.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.