Ordering Powerchurch Checks

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

antiochmbc

Ordering Powerchurch Checks

Post by antiochmbc »

I had placed an order for Powerchurch checks from Dynamic Systems but cancelled my order because I got confused when I noticed the proof had printed check numbers. I know that the software itself generates check numbers and I was told by the Dynamic Systems representative that check numbers will appear twice --- the number that is already preprinted on the checks and the check number from the software. Is this information correct?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Ordering Powerchurch Checks

Post by Zorak »

That is correct. The check numbers should be pre-printed on the check stock you purchase from Dynamic Systems.

When you print checks from PowerChurch, it asks what is the starting check number, which you would get from the blank checks you are loading into the printer. PowerChurch then assigns the check numbers it uses to the transactions that are created in Accounting.

The program does, by default, print the check number on there as well, so you can, at a glance, see that the checks were loaded in the right order and that the numbers PowerChurch assigns match the pre-printed numbers on the checks.

tborgal

Re: Ordering Powerchurch Checks

Post by tborgal »

You can customize the check and remove the duplicate number from the actual check section. I have done that and left the duplicate on each of the stubs to verify the number is the same as the blank check.
Tom