Power Church professionals in my area

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Is5511

Power Church professionals in my area

Post by Is5511 »

Hello. Can anyone recommend a bookkeeping service or accounting firm in the suburban
MD/DC/VA metro area who is proficient in the program. Looking to farm out my bookkeeping
& data entry duties for fund accounting after twenty years to outside firm .
(BTW - We use MACs) We are in Prince George's County.

NeilZ

Re: Power Church professionals in my area

Post by NeilZ »

Is5511 wrote:Hello. Can anyone recommend a bookkeeping service or accounting firm in the suburban
MD/DC/VA metro area who is proficient in the program. Looking to farm out my bookkeeping
& data entry duties for fund accounting after twenty years to outside firm .
(BTW - We use MACs) We are in Prince George's County.
FWIW .. there aren't that many accounting firms who use Powerchurch as it is designed for churches, and fund accounting, not normal business accounting.

It wouldn't matter what OS you're using either, I'm guessing you're using Powerchurch Online? I'm guessing that you don't have a full time secretary who could take this on?

Have you thought about who will be signing checks, making disbursements, how any bills or reimbursements would be picked up/delivered to anyone taking this on?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Is5511

Re: Power Church professionals in my area

Post by Is5511 »

Thank you, Neil, for your thoughts. Yes to most of your observations and questions.
We do have someone who will work closely with next Pastors and pay bills, oversee contribution
processing, maintain checkbooks & appraise Pastors of where the finances are. But she has a full-time
professional career in criminal justice and won't have the time to learn the program or do
the data entry, maintenance & report generation. Perhaps I should rethink this about out-
sourcing this & look for someone else within to learn the program. We do like it for the Fund Accounting
and other modules. Thank you again for your input.