Slow startup - v12

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mafmctr

Slow startup - v12

Post by mafmctr »

We upgraded to version 12 about a month ago and ever since then the PowerChurch program takes a long time to startup...about 45 seconds to get the splash screen. Previously (v 11.5) it would load in a couple of seconds. We have a network installation and have the same behavior on all the workstations (Windows 10). Doesn't matter if I start the program from the local drive (pcstart12.exe) or directly from the server (pcplus12.exe). Any one else seeing this issue?

NeilZ

Re: Slow startup - v12

Post by NeilZ »

mafmctr wrote:We upgraded to version 12 about a month ago and ever since then the PowerChurch program takes a long time to startup...about 45 seconds to get the splash screen. Previously (v 11.5) it would load in a couple of seconds. We have a network installation and have the same behavior on all the workstations (Windows 10). Doesn't matter if I start the program from the local drive (pcstart12.exe) or directly from the server (pcplus12.exe). Any one else seeing this issue?
The max I see is 4 to 6 seconds via a network. Since this is happening on the server too when you bring it up there, I'm going to assume that its a local "server" issue. I'd make sure that the server's Powerchurch directory is properly shared (all users read/write) and that any firewall is setup to properly share that directory.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.