Starting Over, but temporarily need TWO sets of books

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

three3jb

Starting Over, but temporarily need TWO sets of books

Post by three3jb »

I have a three-part, or more, question for the Internet Software Version. I have used PowerChurch before, but it has been a long while. I will not be the principle user, but I will be the one setting up and training the principle user. The principle user started using the software for two months with little success except for contributions. My charge is to set everything up (again) in time for the beginning of the budget cycle in October. I need a clean slate for the accounting, gutting all transactions, balances, etc. Even the funds numbers/names need to be changed. That would be easy enough except for one thing. The admin user needs to keep the contributions accounting for 2018 EOY contribution statements. Again - her data is not useful for what I am setting up going forward. I would love to save the contributors' names, but that is not critical. Years ago, when I had the software version of PC, it seems we had the option to have more than one 'church' set up - perhaps there was a practice run option (thinking aloud). Is there a way that I can do that to get through this hurdle?

NeilZ

Re: Starting Over, but temporarily need TWO sets of books

Post by NeilZ »

three3jb wrote:I have a three-part, or more, question for the Internet Software Version. I have used PowerChurch before, but it has been a long while. I will not be the principle user, but I will be the one setting up and training the principle user. The principle user started using the software for two months with little success except for contributions. My charge is to set everything up (again) in time for the beginning of the budget cycle in October. I need a clean slate for the accounting, gutting all transactions, balances, etc. Even the funds numbers/names need to be changed. That would be easy enough except for one thing. The admin user needs to keep the contributions accounting for 2018 EOY contribution statements. Again - her data is not useful for what I am setting up going forward. I would love to save the contributors' names, but that is not critical. Years ago, when I had the software version of PC, it seems we had the option to have more than one 'church' set up - perhaps there was a practice run option (thinking aloud). Is there a way that I can do that to get through this hurdle?
FWIW.. Powerchurch Online is basically the same as the desktop v12, so there's no difference. The desktop version allowed you to install on many computers, thus you were able to install on a standalone, and setup what you wanted to. You don't have that option with the Online version.

However, when you restart Accounting, it does NOT affect the Contributions or Membership databases, so you can do what you need to do and maintain all the other data in the system.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

three3jb

Re: Starting Over, but temporarily need TWO sets of books

Post by three3jb »

Thank you, NeilZ!