Cash Basis vs Accrual

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tjewell001

Cash Basis vs Accrual

Post by tjewell001 »

Hi,

I fully realize that PowerChurch plus is a cash basis system. However, since not all non-profits and/or churches are cash basis, have you ever considered making an accrual version of PowerChurch plus?

I think it would be a good choice to have both a cash-basis version, and then also an accrual based version.

The ability to have an accrued accounts payable and accounts receivable would be extremely helpful.

If in the future you could offer an accrual based version in addition to the cash-basis version, I feel that would give both current and future potential customers increased flexibility and choices in your product offering.

The client I am working with now uses PCP, but they would like to be able to enter A/R invoices, and have the ability to post them and post to income/revenue upon invoice entry, not just when payments are received.

Just a thought and observation.

Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: Cash Basis vs Accrual

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... while it sounds like a good idea, you're talking a small company here trying to go against some fairly big fish in the accrual accounting market.

Quickbooks, Peachtree, etc have hundreds of programmers, and a lot larger bank account to be able to release a new upgraded version every year.

I don't know that it won't happen some time in the future, but I wouldn't look for it anytime in the next few years.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.