Backup CD Not Recognized

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CommPresLawton

Backup CD Not Recognized

Post by CommPresLawton »

I am currently running Version 12. I have a new CD-RW to use for backup. I formatted the CD in Windows 10. When I try to do a backup to the CD from within PowerChurch, it does not recognize the CD. It keeps telling me to put a CD in Drive E. I can do the backup from PowerChurch to a folder on the hard drive, and then copy it to the CD using Windows Explorer. Any idea why it would not recognize the CD from with PowerChurch? By the way, this was also happening when I ran Version 11.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Backup CD Not Recognized

Post by Zorak »

CommPresLawton wrote:I formatted the CD in Windows 10.
That is most likely the problem. PowerChurch is expecting a raw CD, not one that has had some kind of formatting.

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

As a suggestion, you would get better use and performance from backing up to a thumb drive. Greater capacity, much faster throughput, retain multiple backup versions. Maybe even an external USB disk drive.

CommPresLawton

Post by CommPresLawton »

I am rather anal! I back up to the CD which I leave locked in a cabinet at the church. Then I also back up to a flash drive that I keep with me. If the computer crashes, I have the CD....if the church is destroyed, I have the flash drive! I’ll try starting with the raw CD. Thanks for the replies!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

When I make a backup, it goes to a NAS device on the network which has two mirrored drives. I then copy that to Dropbox.

Its off the main computer, and easily accessed if necessary, but also offsite so if I get hit by a bus, people can still get to it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.