Using PC for Seminary

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Using PC for Seminary

Postby GaboroneBaptist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:54 am

Greetings,

Our church has been using PC for our church records and it has been a great tool. Our convention owns and operates a seminary. They are looking for software to track students (interested, enrolled, alumni), student accounts (charges & payments), financial accounting, payroll, and fixed assets schedule. It seems like PC could be "adapted" to work in this situation. The seminary would buy their own license (as the current license is only for the church and the church does not own the seminary).

We were thinking about using the AR module for student accounts, and the CO module for contributions not for specific students (such as general support from our convention and other donations). We would set up the students in the Personal Profiles and make a member type as "student - interested", "student - enrolled", "student - alumni", "church - interested", "church - supporting", etc.

What are your thoughts about using PC in this manner? Any suggestions on how to use the modules? Can what I propose be done?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
James Clark
Baptist Convention Seminary - Gaborone Botswana
GaboroneBaptist
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:38 am

Re: Using PC for Seminary

Postby NeilZ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:25 am

GaboroneBaptist wrote:Greetings,

Our church has been using PC for our church records and it has been a great tool. Our convention owns and operates a seminary. They are looking for software to track students (interested, enrolled, alumni), student accounts (charges & payments), financial accounting, payroll, and fixed assets schedule. It seems like PC could be "adapted" to work in this situation. The seminary would buy their own license (as the current license is only for the church and the church does not own the seminary).

We were thinking about using the AR module for student accounts, and the CO module for contributions not for specific students (such as general support from our convention and other donations). We would set up the students in the Personal Profiles and make a member type as "student - interested", "student - enrolled", "student - alumni", "church - interested", "church - supporting", etc.

What are your thoughts about using PC in this manner? Any suggestions on how to use the modules? Can what I propose be done?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
James Clark
Baptist Convention Seminary - Gaborone Botswana


With the upgraded AR module, it can definitely be used for what you want to do. You'll definitely have to change the Mailing Categories, and Personal Profile Status codes from the defaults, but it will cover many of the items you need to track. You'll need to have a mailing list profile, and personal profile for each student, but that's easy enough to do.

Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.
NeilZ
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA

Re: Using PC for Seminary

Postby GaboroneBaptist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:35 pm

NeilZ wrote:With the upgraded AR module, it can definitely be used for what you want to do. You'll definitely have to change the Mailing Categories, and Personal Profile Status codes from the defaults, but it will cover many of the items you need to track. You'll need to have a mailing list profile, and personal profile for each student, but that's easy enough to do.


What do you mean the "upgraded AR module"? Is this a standard feature in PC when we buy it, or is it an add-on module that we would need to purchase?

And is there a way to add an organization/company instead of an individual? We would like to keep track of our supporting churches.

James
GaboroneBaptist
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:38 am

Re: Using PC for Seminary

Postby NeilZ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:01 pm

GaboroneBaptist wrote:
NeilZ wrote:With the upgraded AR module, it can definitely be used for what you want to do. You'll definitely have to change the Mailing Categories, and Personal Profile Status codes from the defaults, but it will cover many of the items you need to track. You'll need to have a mailing list profile, and personal profile for each student, but that's easy enough to do.


What do you mean the "upgraded AR module"? Is this a standard feature in PC when we buy it, or is it an add-on module that we would need to purchase?

And is there a way to add an organization/company instead of an individual? We would like to keep track of our supporting churches.

James


You misunderstood. V12 has an upgraded and improved AR module, its built-in, it gives you more capabilities than previous versions.

As far as tracking organizations, you would add them as you would any individual, they would have a different mailing list profile type, and different personal profile status. you have to have both, the Mailing List tracks the address, and the personal profile tracks the envelope number.

Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.
NeilZ
 
Posts: 8904
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:20 am
Location: Connellsville, PA