Accounting for 2 churches

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lindalacy

Accounting for 2 churches

Post by lindalacy »

I process the accounting function for two churches. One church is already on PowerChurch. I would like to put the other one on PowerChurch. Would I have two versions of PowerChurch and would they both be able to run on the same computer? I am not interested in the online version at this time.

Thank you for your time!

NeilZ

Re: Accounting for 2 churches

Post by NeilZ »

lindalacy wrote:I process the accounting function for two churches. One church is already on PowerChurch. I would like to put the other one on PowerChurch. Would I have two versions of PowerChurch and would they both be able to run on the same computer? I am not interested in the online version at this time.

Thank you for your time!
I believe you would need to have two separate licenses, one for each church. You'd also have to have two separate installations of Powerchurch, but you can easily do this by specifying the drive location when running the setup program.

For example: the default directory for v12 installation is usually C:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS12. Since you already have the program installed, this is fine for the first church.

However, for the second I'd suggest changing that during installation on the setup program's location window to C:\PCP_2ndChurch\PCPLUS12. As you can see, the only part that needs to change is the top level directory/folder. Of course, you'd use the name of the church instead of the placeholder I used in the example.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lindalacy

Post by lindalacy »

Yes, changing the file name during installation should do it. Thank you!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

lindalacy wrote:Yes, changing the file name during installation should do it. Thank you!
Don't change the file name, just the FOLDER/DIRECTORY as I pointed out in my post.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.