2 churches - downloading

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lindalacy

2 churches - downloading

Post by lindalacy »

I have two churches that I do the accounting for. I purchased the second copy of PowerChurchPlus and started downloading it into a separate folder on my C drive. I called it c:|PCP_church2|PCPLUS12. I received a Code 5 error while it was downloading Crystal Report files. What do I do now?

lindalacy

Re: 2 churches - downloading

Post by lindalacy »

Okay, so I closed the other version of PowerChurch 12 on my computer so that the file set-up could complete. My new version of PCP is working for the new church, located in C:\PCP_new church but now I don't know how to get to the other church's files. The original church is in C:\Powerchurch\.

NeilZ

Re: 2 churches - downloading

Post by NeilZ »

lindalacy wrote:Okay, so I closed the other version of PowerChurch 12 on my computer so that the file set-up could complete. My new version of PCP is working for the new church, located in C:\PCP_new church but now I don't know how to get to the other church's files. The original church is in C:\Powerchurch\.
You need to setup two separate shortcuts.

Since you already have a shortcut setup for the new church, right click on that desktop icon, select RENAME, and give it the name of that 'new church' it will support.

Then you need to open up the "This PC" (or similiar desktop icon) head to the C:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS12 directory. Look for the pcplus12.exe application (you may not see the .exe extension depending on how your system is setup). Find it then RIGHT click on the filename, select Send to > menu item, and select the Desktop (create shortcut) item. A new PCPlus icon will appear on your desktop. Rename that icon to the old church.

You now can access ONE or the OTHER to work on them. I would not try to have both open at the same time. Its possible, but you could get confused as to which was which.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.