Disable Passwords

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dcbsr

Disable Passwords

Post by dcbsr »

Many years ago I enabled a system user password. Now, the software is located such that I no longer need to have a password. I have read the help file but must be missing something. Any ideas?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Disable Passwords

Post by Zorak »

Log in as System Admin, then go to File > Preferences > Passwords & Permissions. Click the Disable Password Protection option. It will ask you to enter the password again to confirm.

dcbsr

Post by dcbsr »

Zorak wrote:Log in as System Admin, then go to File > Preferences > Passwords & Permissions. Click the Disable Password Protection option. It will ask you to enter the password again to confirm.
I thought my userid was System Admin, it was not. I logged in as System Admin and fixed the problem. Thanks

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dcbsr wrote:
Zorak wrote:Log in as System Admin, then go to File > Preferences > Passwords & Permissions. Click the Disable Password Protection option. It will ask you to enter the password again to confirm.
I thought my userid was System Admin, it was not. I logged in as System Admin and fixed the problem. Thanks
That can confuse some people. System Admin is a totally separate account ID. You can delegate some of those permissions, but not all of them.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.