Powerchurch 10 to V 12

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RACChurch

Powerchurch 10 to V 12

Post by RACChurch »

Hello there,
Our database preferences on Version 10 all got messed up recently after a recent Windows 10 update. It sees all our entered data, but the users, and accounting info menu items were deleted.

I am wondering if a jump to Ver. 12 will update/fix this problem hopefully. Alternatively, we could go to 11 first. Thanks for any input

NeilZ

Re: Powerchurch 10 to V 12

Post by NeilZ »

RACChurch wrote:Hello there,
Our database preferences on Version 10 all got messed up recently after a recent Windows 10 update. It sees all our entered data, but the users, and accounting info menu items were deleted.

I am wondering if a jump to Ver. 12 will update/fix this problem hopefully. Alternatively, we could go to 11 first. Thanks for any input
FWIW .. updating to v 12 is a good idea no matter what, as v10 is no longer being supported with updates. In addition, v12 has many improvements that make things easier for the user, and provide additional functionality.

However, for now, did you try to REINDEX the database? I would do that to rebuild the database index.

In addition, since you're using Windows 10, this suggestion from another thread may also help:
If it is a Windows 10 computer, try manually installing the .NET 2 runtimes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=1639

Back when Version 10 of PowerChurch Plus was under maintenance, .NET 2 was always installed and enabled in Windows, so our installers didn't include it. Windows 10 doesn't come with it installed by default.
These may get you up and running for now, but doing the upgrade is greatly advised. The upgrade from any previous version is less than half the full price of the software, the installation is straightforward, the database move and update is integrated in the program, and the original database is not touched.

Let us know how everything went.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.