Microsoft Office

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sonyatch

Microsoft Office

Post by sonyatch »

We need to acquire Microsoft Office software. Is anyone aware of a discounted option for church use? Thank you

NeilZ

Re: Microsoft Office

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:We need to acquire Microsoft Office software. Is anyone aware of a discounted option for church use? Thank you
There are a number of organizations that offer a non-profit discount for churches and others. Try here:
https://www.techsoup.org/eligibilityquiz to see if you quality. I suspect you do, as the church I work for part-time did qualify.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

[edit - sorry for the cross-post. I had this all typed out and just hadn't submitted it!]

Office365 is discounted for nonprofits to $3 per user per month.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microso ... aprimaryr1

I don't see any deals for purchasing the actual desktop Office software.

TonyL222

Post by TonyL222 »

My church goes through Techsoup for non-profit tech discounts. Currently we get MS email for free (up to 300 email accounts). Office 365 for $3/seat/month. Each seat (person) can install the MS Office 365 suite on up to five devices - work computer, phone, laptop, etc. Online storage through OneDrive, and SharePoint online for online document repository and collaboration. You can also use MS Office 365 online in case you are away from your device but have access to the Internet and a web browser. Not a bad deal.

The kicker is that you have to have an IRS Non-profit determination letter. If you are part of a denomination/association that has one, you can used there's under their umbrella. If not, you have to go through the application process.