networking clarification

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

clarkjohnken

networking clarification

Post by clarkjohnken »

In process of purchasing power church and trying to learn as much as I can to be ready at installation. I have looked in the forums for my answers but haven't seen it yet. Please clarify: 1) Is the data just stored on one PC or server with the program installed on all the PC's being used 2) Can more than one person work in the same module i.e. contributions simultaneously and if so, how is the data updated/maintained. If there is a source for this information, kindly point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: networking clarification

Post by Zorak »

The database resides on the server/host computer. After running the network setup on each workstation that needs access, they will have their own copy of the application itself to ease the network traffic.

Most operations in the software can be done with multiple users working together in the same area. There are certain critical things, like posting, that require exclusive access to the data files. Those things will abort the process and tell you that exclusive access is needed and to get everyone else out of that area of the software to continue.

Detailed networking instructions can be found here: https://www.powerchurch.com/networking