Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

cbrown

Post by cbrown »

I've been unable to directly login to the forum for a few days now. My password and name are not recognized from any of my devices. When I try to contact the administrator I get a note that denies access. I have to login to the main PowerChurch site and then login to the forum. Anyone else having the same problem?

NeilZ

Re: log in issues

Post by NeilZ »

cbrown wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:32 am
I've been unable to directly login to the forum for a few days now. My password and name are not recognized from any of my devices. When I try to contact the administrator I get a note that denies access. I have to login to the main PowerChurch site and then login to the forum. Anyone else having the same problem?
As you may have noticed, they have updated the forum software, as well as the server OS. There may have been some issues with the migration of the user data. As with any major update, there are always some issues. This new version has more security which means there will be less forum spam visible. If you have your browser setup to disallow cookies, you may have to create an exception for the Powerchurch site.

That said, this posting will let them know about the problem, and I'll make sure they look at it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

My guess would also be cookie-related problems.

I have recently figured out how to solve the problem of getting automatically logged out of the website/forum so quickly, when you used to be able to stay logged in all day. That required changing some cookie settings. I've got my browser set to clear all of the cookies and cache and everything every time it closes, so I don't know if an old forum cookie laying around would cause this problem or not.

What is the message that is shown when you try to log in directly on the forum? The log in form on the main website is calling the same login script/process from the forum, so that is a strange problem indeed.

cbrown

Post by cbrown »

I adjusted my blocker settings and will let you know if I have further login issues. Thanks.