Problems with Email - SSL errors

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gccc

Problems with Email - SSL errors

Post by gccc »

I am having issues sending out email through PCP 11.5. I've been sending messages through it for a long time and never had this problem.

After hitting send, I get this error:
A connection to the email server could not be made.
Error within Connect:
SSL server certificate verification failed.
Server certificate verification failed. (1)
Failed to establish TLS connection.

I checked my PCP email settings and we do not have either the SSL or TLS security enabled. I have not made any changes to my email settings. Could this happening as a result of the 4/16/20 MR and, if so, how do I fix this?

NeilZ

Re: Problems with Email - SSL errors

Post by NeilZ »

gccc wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 am
I am having issues sending out email through PCP 11.5. I've been sending messages through it for a long time and never had this problem.

After hitting send, I get this error:
A connection to the email server could not be made.
Error within Connect:
Failed to establish TLS connection.

I checked my PCP email settings and we do not have either the SSL or TLS security enabled. I have not made any changes to my email settings. Could this happening as a result of the 4/16/20 MR and, if so, how do I fix this?
Are you using Gmail? That was the change in the April 16th MR. This sounds more like your ISP has updated their security settings.

We will need more information. What date did this start? What version of Windows are you using? Are you using the same email SMTP settings your email program uses?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gccc

Post by gccc »

I am not using Gmail. We did recently change to a static IP through Comcast. I don't know if that would cause an issue.

I just noticed it today when trying to send out a group email through PCP. We are running Windows 7 Professional.

In comparing my Outlook and PCP email settings, the only difference is the outgoing server info. Outlook is set to smtp.startlogic.com and PCP is smtp.gardencithchurch.com. (We have our domain through StartLogic.)

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

gccc wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 am
Uncheck the "Validate Certificates" option in the email settings in PowerChurch. A problem with some host's certificate along the way is causing the connection to be aborted.

gccc

Post by gccc »

That seemed to do the trick! Test email successfully sent! Thanks for your help.

Blessings,
Kathy