Email font glitch

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

stphilips

Email font glitch

Post by stphilips »

I've encountered a glitch when sending out long emails via PowerChurch.
Our priest wants to send out church notices in the body of the email, not as an attached PDF (and our notices are about 4 pages long in Word, so this email is very long).
I cut and paste from Word into the body of the email (Sending email to a group from Personal Profiles) as Calibri 12 pt font. I then send it out. I send a copy to myself and when I receive the email some of the paragraphs are 12 pt, and others are 6 pt font and even occasionally purple text.

I have tried selecting everything in HTML option and selecting Font and Size, but it still comes out glitched.
This happens whenever I try sending an email that is longer than not.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there an easy fix? Please help.
:wall:

Liz

NeilZ

Re: Email font glitch

Post by NeilZ »

stphilips wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:36 pm
I've encountered a glitch when sending out long emails via PowerChurch.
Our priest wants to send out church notices in the body of the email, not as an attached PDF (and our notices are about 4 pages long in Word, so this email is very long).
I cut and paste from Word into the body of the email (Sending email to a group from Personal Profiles) as Calibri 12 pt font. I then send it out. I send a copy to myself and when I receive the email some of the paragraphs are 12 pt, and others are 6 pt font and even occasionally purple text.

I have tried selecting everything in HTML option and selecting Font and Size, but it still comes out glitched.
This happens whenever I try sending an email that is longer than not.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there an easy fix? Please help.
:wall:

Liz
What you may want to do is try setting up a message template by creating a draft email in HTML. I would select a common font such as Ariel, not Calibri and set your font to the size you want.

Save the template, close the message window. Then start a new message from scratch then try to cut and paste text only if possible, not the formatted text, by overwriting the dummy text in the template.

Not sure if this will work. The ideal is to use PDFs as that gives the original formatting, along with color if used, etc. .
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

stphilips

Re: Email font glitch

Post by stphilips »

Unfortunately, that did not work. It worked for about 1 page, then the glitch appeared again :(
Thank you for trying!
Liz