Blank Email Report

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

compresby486

Blank Email Report

Post by compresby486 »

Good morning!

Can anyone help me figure out what is happening to my email I send through PowerChurch 11.55?

My server settings are correct and I can do a test that gives me a connection completed message. When I send an email, the message generated shows "Completed processing emails. Click report to generate a hardcopy of what was sent and to whom. No errors have been detected." But when I click the report it is completely blank. If I look in contact history, it lists the email and all of the addresses it supposedly went to, but people are not receiving it. I send a copy to my personal email address so I can be sure it went and nothing comes. This has been happening for a few weeks or so.

I can send emails through a bulk email provider, MailChimp, using the same settings, and it does get sent. I would really like to send them through PowerChurch for the record keeping purpose.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
Thanks!
Denise

NeilZ

Re: Blank Email Report

Post by NeilZ »

compresby486 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:09 am
Good morning!

Can anyone help me figure out what is happening to my email I send through PowerChurch 11.55?

My server settings are correct and I can do a test that gives me a connection completed message. When I send an email, the message generated shows "Completed processing emails. Click report to generate a hardcopy of what was sent and to whom. No errors have been detected." But when I click the report it is completely blank. If I look in contact history, it lists the email and all of the addresses it supposedly went to, but people are not receiving it. I send a copy to my personal email address so I can be sure it went and nothing comes. This has been happening for a few weeks or so.

I can send emails through a bulk email provider, MailChimp, using the same settings, and it does get sent. I would really like to send them through PowerChurch for the record keeping purpose.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
Thanks!
Denise
Based on what you said, this was working fine about a month ago? What has changed on your computer or computer network since that time, anything? New software installed? New Antivirus or Firewall?

I'm assuming the test you're doing is the tesst using the Email setup under Preferences -> System Setup. This does say that PCPlus can connect to your email server. However, you can't compare using Mailchimp as that service sends mails though its own servers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

compresby486

Post by compresby486 »

Nothing has changed as far as programs, although I am trying to use the HTML version of the email, versus plain text, to keep my formatting from a copy and paste from word.

Yes, the test is from the system settings, email setup. I printed the report and it has page 1 completely blank and on page 2 is all the email addresses that were successfully sent to the server.

Didn't think about Mail Chimp, but I do have the same settings in Thunderbird (like Outlook) and it's working there.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

compresby486 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:02 am
Nothing has changed as far as programs, although I am trying to use the HTML version of the email, versus plain text, to keep my formatting from a copy and paste from word.

Yes, the test is from the system settings, email setup. I printed the report and it has page 1 completely blank and on page 2 is all the email addresses that were successfully sent to the server.

Didn't think about Mail Chimp, but I do have the same settings in Thunderbird (like Outlook) and it's working there.
Um the test from Preferences does NOT give you a report, it would give you a popup box telling you either it worked, or reasons why it didn't.

FWIW .. if you're cutting and pasting from Word to save the formatting, it may be easier just to copy the text, and format in Powerchurch. Try that as I've seen that for some reason the Word formatting doesn't always make it in PCPlus, and that may be causing the issue. Try that as a test and let us know.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.