Program Fails While Opening - See Error Message Below

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

R.V.Fagan

Program Fails While Opening - See Error Message Below

Post by R.V.Fagan »

While attempting to start Power Church this evening, I got the following error messages AFTER the initial splash screen, and then the app closes:
Error (12.2020.3440)
PROGRAM: securityhandler.init
LINE: 472
ERROR: 15
MESSAGE: c:\powerchurch\pcplus12\data\pcuserlink.dbf is not a table

I am using version 12.2 (which was fully up to date), and was downloading today's maintenance release

Other than re-installing PowerChurch, are there any suggestions?

NeilZ

Re: Program Fails While Opening - See Error Message Below

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm
While attempting to start Power Church this evening, I got the following error messages AFTER the initial splash screen, and then the app closes:
Error (12.2020.3440)
PROGRAM: securityhandler.init
LINE: 472
ERROR: 15
MESSAGE: c:\powerchurch\pcplus12\data\pcuserlink.dbf is not a table

I am using version 12.2 (which was fully up to date), and was downloading today's maintenance release

Other than re-installing PowerChurch, are there any suggestions?
Was this from a client computer or the server? Reinstalling Powerchurch won't fix this as it sounds like a database issue. Did you try to RESTART the computer? Do a restart not a shutdown, very important.

Then try to open the program without agreeing to do the download, if the program starts fine, run a REINDEX of the all the database files to clear any other issues. I'd then head to the HELP menu to download the MR.

If you still get the same error after the restart, I'd call Powerchurch directly as it sounds like something that may need direct intervention, and can't be fixed over the forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

I am running the PC standalone version. I tried the database on another PC instance, and it worked fine. I simply re-installed the PowerChurch application and restored my database. All is fine now. It must have barfed doing the maintenance update. Thanks for your input.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:44 pm
I am running the PC standalone version. I tried the database on another PC instance, and it worked fine. I simply re-installed the PowerChurch application and restored my database. All is fine now. It must have barfed doing the maintenance update. Thanks for your input.
By standalone, do you mean on a single computer, or across a network? From what I can infer you're running on two unconnected computers?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

It is a standalone, non-networked computer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

R.V.Fagan wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:53 pm
It is a standalone, non-networked computer.
Then it sounds like a corrupted database file. The only time I've heard of something like this was when a backup restoration went bad. Glad to hear you got it sorted.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.