Maintenance Release Will Not Install

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Sheilah

Maintenance Release Will Not Install

Post by Sheilah »

I have downloaded the Maintenance Release but when I click to install it, it appears for a few seconds and then goes away. I feel confident that it has not installed because my W2's are still saying 2019. I have tried downloading on another computer and installing from a flash drive with no luck either. Please help.

Version: 12.2 on a PC

Sheilah

Sheilah

Re: Maintenance Release Will Not Install

Post by Sheilah »

Thought I would post the solution in case it happens to anyone else. Apparently it was my router. We just installed a new one recently and I could not download the Maintenance Release from the website either. I paid more attention to where it was sending me when I clicked on download and it made no sense. Turned on my hotspot on my phone and the MR downloaded fine in the program and from the website.

Sheilah

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Sheilah wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:02 pm
Thought I would post the solution in case it happens to anyone else. Apparently it was my router. We just installed a new one recently and I could not download the Maintenance Release from the website either. I paid more attention to where it was sending me when I clicked on download and it made no sense. Turned on my hotspot on my phone and the MR downloaded fine in the program and from the website.

Sheilah
I would take a look at that router. It should not be blocking Powerchurch.com.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Sheilah

Post by Sheilah »

The security software on the Netgear router, that can and has been disabled, was identifying the MR as malware. I could see the address it was trying to go to in the browser address bar whenever I tried to download it. Hope this can help someone else if they run into this issue.

Sheilah