Senior Pastor

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Patricia

Senior Pastor

Post by Patricia »

Our senior pastor resigned and we have a new pastor. I am at a loss as how to handle this! I found the add button and put in the new pastor's information but I don't see a place to put in his salary? Also do I just leave the former's pastor's information intact?

Thank You,

Patricia Herron

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Senior Pastor

Post by Zorak »

On the Maintain List of Employees screen, use the Locate button to bring up the former pastor's employee record. Click on the Payroll Information tab and enter an End of Employment Date. This will keep them from being included in future Payroll processes.

Once you have made that change and saved it, use the Locate button to bring up the new pastor's employee record. Click on the Pay Items tab. That is where you will add all of the items that make up the pastor's paycheck, like income, deductions, employer liability items, etc. You can look at the Pay Items tab on the former pastor's employee record to see which items were processing on their check and can likely set up the new pastor with the same list of items.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Thank you, I have all that but when I go to Process Payroll only the former Pastor's name comes up.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Take a look at the new pastor's employee record on the Payroll Information tab. Verify that the right Pay Group is assigned. The Process Payroll screen asks for the Pay Group, so that may be what is excluding them.

Also, the Process Payroll takes into consideration if the end of employment date is within the Pay Period you specify, so if the dates overlap, it would think the former pastor needs to be in there to receive their final check.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

I would also make sure that you have the new pastor's start date of employment, and the old pastor's end date entered on their Payroll records.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Got it now, thanks for your help!

Patricia Herron