Disaster recovery v11.1

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

DickH

Disaster recovery v11.1

Post by DickH »

My advice to myself and any successor following a computer disaster has been to install PC+ on a new computer using the original installation disc. Then execute it and allow it to download and install all maintenance releases. Finally restore the data from the most recent PC+ backup.

My church is still using v11.1 as it meets most of our requirements, but I am concerned that, now that v11.1 is definitely obsolete, the second stage of this recovery process may not work. Even if there are no new maintenance updates for v11.1 will the existing ones still be applied?

NeilZ

Re: Disaster recovery v11.1

Post by NeilZ »

DickH wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:12 pm
My advice to myself and any successor following a computer disaster has been to install PC+ on a new computer using the original installation disc. Then execute it and allow it to download and install all maintenance releases. Finally restore the data from the most recent PC+ backup.

My church is still using v11.1 as it meets most of our requirements, but I am concerned that, now that v11.1 is definitely obsolete, the second stage of this recovery process may not work. Even if there are no new maintenance updates for v11.1 will the existing ones still be applied?
There are MRs on file and available for download all the way back to V7. MRs for v11.1 will still be available for download and installation.

FWIW ... I would advise upgrading to v12.2. Even though v11.1 still works fine, there are some great functionality updates that any church can use.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.