Report List will not stay in Alphabetical Order

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FBCoA4058

Report List will not stay in Alphabetical Order

Post by FBCoA4058 »

Using Windows 10 and PowerChurch 12.2. I unchecked the "Alphabetical" check box at the top of the reports list and now the reports are not in alphabetical order. It doesn't matter what report module you are in, this behavior is the same in all. I tried checking the "Alphabetical" check box and it works (i.e., it will list them in alphabetical order), but it does not remember this setting. Every time I get out of a report list and then get back into it, they are all messed up again and I have to check the "Alphabetical" check box again. Is there a way to make it "remember" that I checked the "Alphabetical" check box regardless of what report module I am in?

NeilZ

Re: Report List will not stay in Alphabetical Order

Post by NeilZ »

FBCoA4058 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:41 pm
Using Windows 10 and PowerChurch 12.2. I unchecked the "Alphabetical" check box at the top of the reports list and now the reports are not in alphabetical order. It doesn't matter what report module you are in, this behavior is the same in all. I tried checking the "Alphabetical" check box and it works (i.e., it will list them in alphabetical order), but it does not remember this setting. Every time I get out of a report list and then get back into it, they are all messed up again and I have to check the "Alphabetical" check box again. Is there a way to make it "remember" that I checked the "Alphabetical" check box regardless of what report module I am in?
I don't see that action here. I check the alphabetical box, exit the program, come back in and its still checked. Are you on the latest MR? Are you logged in as admin? If not, what permissions do you have on your ID ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCoA4058

Post by FBCoA4058 »

Using the MR dated 7/12/2021. The program is installed on our network server and I open PowerChurch from my client computer. I have administrator rights. Just for grins, I logged into the server copy and the reports behavior is the same on it as it is on my client pc. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I am using just the membership and contributions modules (i.e., accounting is not even installed).

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FBCoA4058 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:46 pm
Using the MR dated 7/12/2021. The program is installed on our network server and I open PowerChurch from my client computer. I have administrator rights. Just for grins, I logged into the server copy and the reports behavior is the same on it as it is on my client pc. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I am using just the membership and contributions modules (i.e., accounting is not even installed).
OK ... I'm at 'work' with the latest MR and I see that the checkbox is NOT saving the 'check'. The program version I have at home was not updated, and it was saving. Sounds like a regression slipped in, but I can't say for certain. I'll notify one of the techs to take a look.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We have a Maintenance Release ready to be published today or tomorrow that will fix this and a couple of other issues.

FBCoA4058

Post by FBCoA4058 »

Thank you for responding so quickly! I'll wait for the next maintenance release.