Moving to Pittsburgh

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Moving to Pittsburgh

Post by NeilZ »

Hello all,

as many of you know, I've been using Powerchurch at our current church since version 7 in 2000. During that time, i was able to pass on hints and procedures that we found worked well at Ashburn Presbyterian.

Now, my wife and I are headed in a new direction. She'll be starting school at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh this fall, in preparation for becoming a minister.

Due to this new focus in our lives, we're moving from Ashburn VA, and APC. While I do have a copy of Powerchurch 8, 8.5 and 9 on my machine, it was strictly under the Church-Wide license that Powerchurch grants. While in future I'll still be around to give some hints of what I've seen over the years, I'll no longer be able to legally access PC+ to test ideas or give hints on how to fix something.

I do appreciate the help and assistance of the users, as well as the great staff of Powerchurch during these years. When we decide on a new congregation, you can be sure I'll be preaching the benefits of PC+.

Thanks,
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Good luck, Neil. Let us know when you get settled in to your new place!
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Neil,

I wish you and your wife well in this new direction. It sounds like you'll be taking on an entirely different dimension of ministry, and that's ok.

I've been nose down in a building program of late. We just finished running about 4200 feet of phone and data CAT wire to each office and ministry space.

I look forward to seeing you surface on this forum once you get settled.

InHisGrip,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jeffkoke wrote:Neil,

I wish you and your wife well in this new direction. It sounds like you'll be taking on an entirely different dimension of ministry, and that's ok.

I've been nose down in a building program of late. We just finished running about 4200 feet of phone and data CAT wire to each office and ministry space.

I look forward to seeing you surface on this forum once you get settled.

InHisGrip,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff ...

that's alot of cable to pull ... how big is that campus ??

We're in the middle of packing, load the truck tomorrow. I won't have a cable connection until next Wednesday ... so when I do, I'll be back.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Neil,

We're doubling the size of our facility. Once complete, a 1000 seat sanctuary is on the drawing board.

I've got three 48 port 10/100/1000 switches going in, new phone switch, alarm system, etc.

The fun has begun! :lol:

Hope your move was uneventful.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jeffkoke wrote:Neil,

We're doubling the size of our facility. Once complete, a 1000 seat sanctuary is on the drawing board.

I've got three 48 port 10/100/1000 switches going in, new phone switch, alarm system, etc.

The fun has begun! :lol:

Hope your move was uneventful.

Jeff
Good Grief !! When we did our 350 seat sanctuary a few years ago, I had to go through all that, but we had a company come in to do it according to our design. I don't envy you at all, although it is great fun to design the system.

The move was uneventful ... just sitting here in a mass of boxes, trying to get everything from a large basement, into one about 1/3 to 1/2 the size. At least I have our network up, although my wife's entirely wireless .. I may be pulling a short bit of cable myself as I would rather have her hard wired.

Oh well .. ready for the beta !! ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.