compatibility with windows 10 and microsoft office products

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

eaglecn

compatibility with windows 10 and microsoft office products

Post by eaglecn »

I am running the yearly contribution statements and trying to save reports into Word. Word rejects the save as the version you support is too old.

How do i get compatibility with office 2020, 2021, etc?

NeilZ

Re: compatibility with windows 10 and microsoft office products

Post by NeilZ »

eaglecn wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:55 pm
I am running the yearly contribution statements and trying to save reports into Word. Word rejects the save as the version you support is too old.

How do i get compatibility with office 2020, 2021, etc?
Save as an RTF file, that should work. However, why are you saving as Word, may I ask?

That said, there is no 'compatibility' problem with Windows 10 or 11 for that matter, but trying to keep up with the M$ changes in Word formatting is a guessing game.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: compatibility with windows 10 and microsoft office products

Post by Zorak »

Newer versions of Crystal Reports have removed the Word document option completely, in lieu of the Editable RTF format, or now that all supported versions of Word will open and edit PDFs directly, that is probably the preferred option. The layout of a PDF file is more like the printed page than the Word export.

We have included the Doc export format from an older version of Crystal Reports, so as not to remove functionality in PowerChurch via an upgrade.