Restore from Backup

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pathey

Restore from Backup

Post by pathey »

Hi!

I am running PowerChurch Plus version 12 local version. I have two different computers. One has all data. The other is brand new. I am trying to duplicate the information on both machines by using Backup & Restore files.

On the computer with all information, I go to Utilities>Backup & Restore files. I select Backup files (click next). I select "All data files & pictures" (click next). I select the file location (click Finish). The result is a ZIP folder. When I go to folder browser, I can double click into the folder and see all the files, but when I try to unzip the folder (Extract), it tells me "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error.

If I skip over this, none of the files are extracted. Any idea on a solution?

Thanks!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Restore from Backup

Post by Zorak »

No need to unzip it. On the other computer, in PowerChurch, go to Utilities > Backup & Restore and choose Restore Files. Follow the prompts to restore all files from that backup.

Regarding the error you are getting, PowerChurch encrypts the backup zip file with a password. The software you are using to try and open the file (likely just Windows Explorer) doesn't handle opening encrypted zip files.

pathey

Re: Restore from Backup

Post by pathey »

Well, now I feel silly. Ha! Thanks! Worked perfectly!