PC+ Ver 14 Install on New Computer

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

DBS_CBC

PC+ Ver 14 Install on New Computer

Post by DBS_CBC »

I have purchased the Ver 14 upgrade and want to install on a new computer. Will Ver 14 restore the existing Ver 12.2 backup file from the old computer or do need to go through the upgrade to Ver 14 process on the old computer first and then backup and restore? I was hoping that I could leave Ver 12.2 intact on the old computer for awhile.

NeilZ

Re: PC+ Ver 14 Install on New Computer

Post by NeilZ »

DBS_CBC wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:04 pm
I have purchased the Ver 14 upgrade and want to install on a new computer. Will Ver 14 restore the existing Ver 12.2 backup file from the old computer or do need to go through the upgrade to Ver 14 process on the old computer first and then backup and restore? I was hoping that I could leave Ver 12.2 intact on the old computer for awhile.
If you do a full backup using the v12 Powerchurch backup utility when you're ready to proceed, when you install v14 and tell it that you are upgrading, it will ask if you want to use an existing database, or use a backup. It will then ask you for a location, I'm fairly sure you can use a USB thumb drive, CD, or networked drive to store the backup. The upgrade/setup program will read and upgrade the information to v14 requirements.

That said, if the old version was networked to anyone else, I would have them delete the v12 icon so they don't inadvertently use the wrong version.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.