System email settings truncates in Payroll

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

System email settings truncates in Payroll

Post by whfpc »

I had the same issue with emailing payroll stubs (not sure if it was the same error message or if that makes a difference), a number keeps dropping from our email setup options that I have to manually enter every time I send the paystubs. They couldn't answer why it wouldn't save the number in my payroll preferences, only solution was to enter it manually? PC does not retain that number in my email payment stubs, it is in my setup email preferences but for some reason won't save in my payroll.
I have to click more..... when emailing the stubs and add that portion manually. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience or not?

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Error in Bulk Email

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:33 am
I had the same issue with emailing payroll stubs (not sure if it was the same error message or if that makes a difference), a number keeps dropping from our email setup options that I have to manually enter every time I send the paystubs. They couldn't answer why it wouldn't save the number in my payroll preferences, only solution was to enter it manually? PC does not retain that number in my email payment stubs, it is in my setup email preferences but for some reason won't save in my payroll.
I have to click more..... when emailing the stubs and add that portion manually. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience or not?

Robin
This is using the File -> PREFERENCES -> System Setup Options, and the EMAIL setup tab? What number is it missing or dropping? Is it a password of some type, or the port number?

Could you show an example?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

The outgoing mail server:
smtp.office365.com
I have to add :587 to the end of that each time I send payroll stubs.

Robin

whfpc

Post by whfpc »

It is correct in the File -> PREFERENCES -> System Setup Options, and the EMAIL setup tab

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:57 pm
It is correct in the File -> PREFERENCES -> System Setup Options, and the EMAIL setup tab
OK ... this really has nothing to do with the original post, but I'll point a tech to these few posts. I suspect a slight bug of some sort.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: System email settings truncates in Payroll

Post by Zorak »

Port 587 is the default port number when sending emails with the Security: TLS option selected. I haven't ever seen it remove the port number though.

I'll write up a bug report and we will take a look. If you have the Security option TLS selected in the email setup, it shouldn't be necessary to add :587

whfpc

Re: System email settings truncates in Payroll

Post by whfpc »

Sorry to intrude on the original post, thought maybe they were related in other ways. FWIW TLS is selected :)