Advice on selecting church accounting/contribution system

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lkelly

Advice on selecting church accounting/contribution system

Post by lkelly »

I am currently heading the committee in change of selecting a new accounting/contribution tracking system for our church (about 550 avg Sunday attendance). I would like any advice anyone has to offer. Specifically, if you could comment on how well Power Church has meet your needs. Other software we have considered are ACS, Logos and ChurchPro.

NeilZ

Re: Advice on selecting church accounting/contribution syste

Post by NeilZ »

lkelly wrote:I am currently heading the committee in change of selecting a new accounting/contribution tracking system for our church (about 550 avg Sunday attendance). I would like any advice anyone has to offer. Specifically, if you could comment on how well Power Church has meet your needs. Other software we have considered are ACS, Logos and ChurchPro.
We selected PC+ at my former church after a search and test of all the available packages. At the time, we graded on ease of use, package integration, ease of networking, other features and price.

ACS and ChurchPro were in that list of products, as were a few others. All in all, Powerchurch came out on top, as the next contender cost over $2,000 and PC+ cost much less.

We have found PC+ grew with us from 200 members to the current membership of over 600 without any problems. There are churches with a few thousand members that use PC+ and are very pleased with it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Re: Advice on selecting church accounting/contribution syste

Post by jeffkoke »

lkelly wrote:I am currently heading the committee in change of selecting a new accounting/contribution tracking system for our church (about 550 avg Sunday attendance). I would like any advice anyone has to offer. Specifically, if you could comment on how well Power Church has meet your needs. Other software we have considered are ACS, Logos and ChurchPro.
We have been using PC+ since late version 6 and have been very pleased with both the product and the technical support.

In a multi-user environment, PC+ works well. In a cross-platform domain, it also works well.

Hope this helps.
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

geraldbr

Highly recommend PC+

Post by geraldbr »

I've used PC+ at several churches, and when our church decided to look into several about 2 years ago, I recommended we seriously consider PC+. We had Logos, but was not being used since some of our people were having a hard time with the modules.

After looking at several other demos (including PC+), we decided on PC+ due to features, cost, expansion, integration of modules and security.

It's been working flawlessly. The key is to set it up the way you want to start with (that's true with any of the software available since that will eliminate most future issues with charts of account, etc).

Highly recommend it (I only had to spend a minimum amount of time training the people who use it, and they're doing great!...that's important to me as the senior pastor).

Support is also there when you need them, and very responsive as well as knowledgeable. Highly recommend the support package (it's low cost for what you get, and it's nice to know you've got someone there who can walk you through trouble, if you need help).
Gerald Branch
gbranch@ptd.net

foxygramps

Advice on selecting new software

Post by foxygramps »

I have been user of Power church since version 4(?).way back in any event. At first we just used it for membership and Contributions. Worked great back then, and still does now with version 9.
We slowly expanded into using the accounting module, and use it for everything but payroll and school tuition collection, both done by firms that specialize in those activities.
With the Forum, Tales from Tech 2, and the great support and regular maintenance releases, you can't go wrong with Power Church.
Price is right also.

wms7328

Program Selection

Post by wms7328 »

We evaluated several of the programs you mentioned when we selected PC several years ago. I've been impressed with PC customer suport. They issue regular maintenance releases and new versions to fix problems and implement new features that are requested. I didn't find that type of support with some of the other programs.

We currently have Sunday attendance of around 400 and have had no problems with PC. Another feature I like is that PC allows multiple users and you can customize the parts of the program that each can use. For example our treasurer only enters contributions and can't access fund accounting. The accounts payable clerk can use Accounts payable but not contributions.

Also using the check reader provision will greatly speed up the process of entering contributions once you get it set up once.

I would highly recommend PC to any church for a truly integrated church system for contributions, accounting, attendance, and with the upcoming V10 you can also schedule your facilities with this program.