TLS version

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

geoflyon

TLS version

Post by geoflyon »

What version of TLS does PowerChurch use to send email?
Our website and email provider (Ionos) recently wrote to us to say "Both unencrypted access and connections using the outdated TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 encryption protocols no longer meet current security standards. To protect your email communications, these connections to our email servers will no longer be possible as of 08/09/2022."

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: TLS version

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch doesn't use a specific version of TLS. It uses whatever is installed and set to default on the computer where it is running. This has been updated in recent Windows versions via Windows Update.

geoflyon

Post by geoflyon »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. We are using the online version, hosted on PowerChurch's computers.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

geoflyon wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:45 pm
Sorry, I should have been more specific. We are using the online version, hosted on PowerChurch's computers.
Doesn't matter, the servers are kept up to date also.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

geoflyon

Post by geoflyon »

Just to be sure, what version of TLS does PowerChurch online use for Send Email Message to a Group?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

geoflyon wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:07 am
Just to be sure, what version of TLS does PowerChurch online use for Send Email Message to a Group?
From Microsoft:
Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and later versions of Windows natively support TLS 1.2 for client-server communications ...
In other words, they use 1.2 at least.

I fully expect that the Powerchurch servers are kept up to date with all changes; they wouldn't want to cause issues for their customers, and this would be a VERY BIG issue with the PCPlus Online users.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I had the PowerChurch Online server administrator verify that they are running TLS version 1.2

geoflyon

Post by geoflyon »

Thank you very much!