Unable to Convert Data from v11.5 to v14 Database

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

antiochmbc

Unable to Convert Data from v11.5 to v14 Database

Post by antiochmbc »

I'm trying to get my data transferred from an old Windows 7 computer using v11.5 to a new Windows 11 computer using v14. A couple of months ago I installed v14 on the new computer and was able to successfully transfer my powerchurch data from the old computer and it came over just fine. Today, I did a backup on the old computer and attempted to do a restore to the new one and its telling me that my files cannot be restored from the 11.5 version of Powerchurch Plus. How in the world am I suppose to get my current data to the new computer?

NeilZ

Re: Unable to Convert Data from v11.5 to v14 Database

Post by NeilZ »

antiochmbc wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:19 am
I'm trying to get my data transferred from an old Windows 7 computer using v11.5 to a new Windows 11 computer using v14. A couple of months ago I installed v14 on the new computer and was able to successfully transfer my powerchurch data from the old computer and it came over just fine. Today, I did a backup on the old computer and attempted to do a restore to the new one and its telling me that my files cannot be restored from the 11.5 version of Powerchurch Plus. How in the world am I suppose to get my current data to the new computer?
The backup conversion is only available on a 'new' installation, that is, when you are first creating the database. However, you can 'fake' the system into thinking its a new install.

In fact, you're the second person in the past few weeks that asked about having to do this. This video will assist you, it refers to version 11 and version 10, but clearing the data as shown will work for v14, so when you restart the program, you'll be asked if this is an upgrade, and you'll get the backup conversion option.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/383 ... or-version
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

antiochmbc

Re: Unable to Convert Data from v11.5 to v14 Database

Post by antiochmbc »

Thanks so much. That corrected my problem!