Write protection USB Drives

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

cbrown

Write protection USB Drives

Post by cbrown »

I have installed PowerChurch Plus version 14. For all previous versions I have backed up to an online server as well as a local USB drive with no problems. Since I installed VER 14 I get messages that the USB drive is write protected for no apparent reason. I installed a new USB drive in a different slot and after a few backups the message appeared again. Since then I have been backing up locally to the hard drive and also to an online server with no problems. Just the USB drive gives me the problem, even when I'm not using PowerChurch.

NeilZ

Re: Write protection USB Drives

Post by NeilZ »

cbrown wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:38 am
I have installed PowerChurch Plus version 14. For all previous versions I have backed up to an online server as well as a local USB drive with no problems. Since I installed VER 14 I get messages that the USB drive is write protected for no apparent reason. I installed a new USB drive in a different slot and after a few backups the message appeared again. Since then I have been backing up locally to the hard drive and also to an online server with no problems. Just the USB drive gives me the problem, even when I'm not using PowerChurch.
Since it happens even when you're not using Powerchurch, this sounds like a Windows issue.

Is the USB a hard drive or a flash drive? Is the drive connected when you startup, or is it plugged in on the fly? What version of Windows?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasalamel »

Does the USB drive have a physical switch on it with a lock icon? If so, try toggling that to the other position and try again. If that's not the case, you may need to check the permissions of the drive. You can do this by finding it in Windows File Explorer, Right-Click on the drive, and select Properties. Check the Security tab, and make sure that your User account has a checkmark beside Full Control under the Allow column. If not you can change that using the Edit... button

cbrown

Post by cbrown »

Windows 10, USB flash drive is permanently plugged in. I rebooted Windows and that seemed to cure it. If I continue to have problems I will get some Windows help. Thanks.