Unmatching totals

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CJ

Unmatching totals

Post by CJ »

From time to time our counters don't catch all contribution envelope mistakes in turn the envelope contribution total plus the loose offering total don't always match the actual money count. Has anyone else had this problem? When there is no way to determine where the mistake was made how should we account for the human error so that contribution amount and the actual deposit amount match? I have an envelope number assigned to "unknown contributor" for the loose offerings, should I assign a number for "discrepancy" or does someone have a better solution?

Randy B

Post by Randy B »

When that happens to me I just adjust the count in the loose change (I actually have an three envelopes - Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, and Wednesday evening) to make it equal the bank deposit. I do that because the checks I have and what the bank has are in agreement. The difference is small and either it is a missed dollar bill or change.
Randy B

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

CJ,

We have experienced this problem and have greatly reduced entry errors by having two people cross-check the unclaimed cash count.

Since the error had to have occurred in the unclaimed cash, I would reduce that category as appropriate.

InHisGrip,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."