Our daily Prayerline and individual mailings have stopped

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Our daily Prayerline and individual mailings have stopped

Post by John Dykema »

Were running v12 on Windows 10 Pro.
We've done a Prayerline 4 days per week for close to a year without any problems. People say yesterday's and today's did not get to them.
I've done an e mail to my name from Personnel profiles as a test. It says No Problems in the report but when I go to our gmail sent folder there is no record of it, nor did I receive it on my phone. Just wanted to reach out to you before I call my Networking people who maintains our server.
Any ideas? Appreciate any feedback.
John

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Our daily Prayerline and individual mailings have stopped

Post by Zasalamel »

Sounds like your gmail Authentication Token might have expired. Go to File>Preferences>System Setup Options (or User Setup Options if you have an override). Navigate to the Email tab, and hit the Authorize button next to the outgoing smtp server. When prompted, sign into the gmail account you're using. After you've entered the password, make sure if there's a checkbox by the section that says to allow PowerChurch to send emails on your behalf (this isn't always a checkbox, so just be sure to check). After prompted to close the window, return to PowerChurch, and accept, and then try running the Test button. If everything seems to be working correctly, test sending an email again.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

How did you come up with that? I made those changes and sent out a test email and it went through.
That is great. Thank you so much for your help.
I did have to use the system admin login and password in PC+ to do it.
In many years this has never happened. How often will this Token Expire?
Thanks again.
John D.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you're using it on a regular basis, I wouldn't expect it to ever expire, but that's really up to Google.