Unable to reprint 1099-NEC and 1096

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

JamTowns

Unable to reprint 1099-NEC and 1096

Post by JamTowns »

Greetings,
I discovered I made an error on a 1099-NEC after printing the forms and sending it and the 1096 to the IRS. I corrected the error and tried to reprint the forms on the office computer but the message came up "The Print 1099-MISC/NEC Forms assistant did not find any information to process. There are several reasons...." I restored the data from an earlier backup in Jan. to before I printed the forms. The same message appeared. At home I tried a newer computer and an older one at home on which the PowerChurch software had been installed but the data was not up to date. The PowerChurch software was up to date on all the computers used. I updated the data from a backup to before I printed the forms. Again the same message appeared for all the times that were tried. In each situation I looked at the Vendor information. The "Active box" and the "Print 1099" box was checked. Under the History tab the "Incl 1099" box was checked for the relevant check that had been issued. Why is there the message that the assistant did not find any information to process? Is there something that is not working correctly in the software given that issue is still occurring on computers that had not printed any forms or am I missing something ????

Also, if the 1099-NEC and 1096 forms can be printed/reprinted is there a way to fill in, perhaps manually, a second 1099-NEC form as I need to submit two 1099-NEC forms that are to be filled out differently.

Thank You for any help

JamTowns

JamTowns

Re: Unable to reprint 1099-NEC and 1096

Post by JamTowns »

My apology as this topic most likely should be posted under Accounting.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Check the date range at the bottom of the screen when you go back into Process 1099/1096. In the month of January, it would default to last year's date range. After that, it defaults to this year's date range.

When you get to the screen preview of the 1099-NEC form, there are controls to add a new form if needed.

JamTowns

Post by JamTowns »

Thank you. When I printed the 1099-NEC the first time the date was ok so I didn't think to look for something like this later. It is helpful to know the date changes once past Jan. Once I changed the dates to 2022 the 1099-NEC form showed up. Again Thank Your very much.

Take Care & Blessings,
James