Remote access

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dpetherbridge

Remote access

Post by dpetherbridge »

I remote in to our churches dedicated PC using RemotePC. The issue I have, that doesn't occur if I login on the network at church where the PC is located, is it won't let me select indiviidual items. That is, I can only select all or none when doing, say, posting transactions. I can't choose just some ot the items. Any thoughts???

NeilZ

Re: Remote access

Post by NeilZ »

dpetherbridge wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:45 pm
I remote in to our churches dedicated PC using RemotePC. The issue I have, that doesn't occur if I login on the network at church where the PC is located, is it won't let me select indiviidual items. That is, I can only select all or none when doing, say, posting transactions. I can't choose just some ot the items. Any thoughts???
I'm not sure that has anything to do with Powerchurch. It sounds more like an issue with the remote software. FWIW ... if you are at the church, why are you using the remote software, and not a networked computer?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dpetherbridge

Post by dpetherbridge »

At church I use the networked laptop, but I do much of my work from home and remote in.

Thanks,

Dan

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dpetherbridge wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:43 pm
At church I use the networked laptop, but I do much of my work from home and remote in.

Thanks,

Dan
Again, nothing to do with the program as it works fine when you're using a networked computer. I use Real VNC to remote to different computers, and have no problem using Powerchurch.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We use the built-in Windows Remote Desktop here without issue. My guess would be that either the mouse clicks aren't being sent through to the remote computer or there is some kind of calculation getting messed up between the different display sizes of those two computers and it's registering clicks somewhere off the screen or at least away from what you're pointing at.