NetSetup.exe fails; wrong file size

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

brianhulse

NetSetup.exe fails; wrong file size

Post by brianhulse »

When attempting to run NetSetup.exe I get the following message:
Could not initialize installation. File size expected=14822417, size returned=12353536
We are running v8.0. I updated with the Mar 9, 2004 MR, but no change. This PC is running Windows XP Service Pack 1 with the files on a Windows 98SE PC share for right now. The properties on NetSetup.exe showed a version of 0.4455.0.0 and the actual size is 12353536.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Brian

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

can you run netsetup on the server or main computer? If so then it could indicate some sort of network issue. If it doesn't run on the main computer then rename the file (don't just delete) and reinstall off CD on the main computer, after making a backup of course.

massam82

still having problems

Post by massam82 »

i, too, am having problems with the netsetup file. the church has two computers on 2000 and four on XP pro. the netsetup file will not load on any of these computers. i get the same message: unexpected file size.

the error message says the file is supposed to be 15162262 bytes and is instead 15198283 bytes. we have a simple peer-to-peer and i tried reinstalling powerchurch on our host computer. still no effect. i'm stuck and don't know what to do.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

This is only a suggestion, but might be worth a try:

Have a look at each computer's NIC settings. If you are running peer-to-peer, make sure that the auto-negotiate is set to 10mbs or 100mbs, not auto. You might want to try this between just two computers first, making sure that you write down the original settings.

I'm running a switched 100mbs network that has about 10 CPUs running XP Pro, one running Win2k Pro and the fileserver running FreeBSD.

Hope this helps.

As always: YMMV,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."