Adjust Right Printer Margin

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tena20719

Adjust Right Printer Margin

Post by tena20719 »

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the right print margin? I got a new printer and it cuts off the numbers on the right side of the paper.
I don't understand but the left margin is wide and the right margin is almost to the edge of the page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tena

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Adjust Right Printer Margin

Post by Zorak »

Do you have PowerChurch Online? That does all of its printing via PDF, so there is likely something wonky in the PDF reader software's settings. PowerChurch doesn't have an adjustment for left or right margins. All of the reports are generated to fit in printable space of a Letter 8 1/2" x 11" sheet.

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

Hi Zorak, thanks for your speedy reply.

No, I don't have power church online. I am using version 14.

I have 2 printers, both are HP. The newest one I bought does not print to the edge of the paper so it is cutting off the numbers on the right side. I can't use it for my reports. I am having to use the old printer which defeats the purpose of the new one.

The reports are definitely off center in PC. It looks like the left margin is around 3/4" and the right margin is around 1/4". Being able to move the right margin would fix my problem. If I could center the report that might work as well. I'm just trying to find a way to use the new printer.

I do wish PC would allow you to adjust margins as you print each report. It would help a lot.

Thanks for your help,
Tena

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

In doing google searches, I am finding references to the HP printer drivers having a "Borderless Printing" option. Since one of your HPs works properly and the other doesn't, take a look at the Printing Preferences and/or Printer Properties to see if you can find that option. I'm sorry I don't have an HP printer to be able to give you more details as to where to find that option.

If you continue to have problems, let us know which specific model of printer you have so we can do more thorough searches for you.

tena20719

Post by tena20719 »

I know this sounds weird but there are very few options that I can adjust in the print settings. I have 3 choices that I can change - paper size, resolution and scaling. That's it. I have tried everything that I can think of to change the margins and I can't find anything.

I have a MAC so i don't know if that is the issue. It's a HP 2504dw laser printer.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Tena

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It sounds like you might be looking at the printer properties in PowerChurch Online, rather than locally on your printer.

A Google search returned the following article, which should help you get to the option that needs to be changed to make this printer behave like your other printer:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers- ... -p/3045077