restore problem

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Drummin' Mama

restore problem

Post by Drummin' Mama »

Hello,

I am trying to restore a backup to a new computer. It's saved on a flash drive as a zip file. The error I'm getting when I try to restore is "No back up files were found on the specific drive." What am I doing wrong?

Nancy

NeilZ

Re: restore problem

Post by NeilZ »

Drummin' Mama wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:46 pm
Hello,

I am trying to restore a backup to a new computer. It's saved on a flash drive as a zip file. The error I'm getting when I try to restore is "No back up files were found on the specific drive." What am I doing wrong?

Nancy
Did you rename the backup? If so, rename to the original name, or just take a new, FULL Powerchurch backup from the old computer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Drummin' Mama

Post by Drummin' Mama »

Thank you for your reply.
I did change the name of the file. So I did another full backup and saved it to my computer, then emailed it to the person with the new laptop. It still did not work.
I have purchased a new USB stick and will try it that way instead.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Drummin' Mama wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:06 pm
Thank you for your reply.
I did change the name of the file. So I did another full backup and saved it to my computer, then emailed it to the person with the new laptop. It still did not work.
I have purchased a new USB stick and will try it that way instead.
OK .. I'm assuming something, but let me ask if the new laptop has Powerchurch installed on it?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Drummin' Mama

Post by Drummin' Mama »

Thank you so much for your help ... I've done it another way.

Yes the other person had installed PC on her computer.

I have instead copied the entire program and data from my computer onto a USB stick, pasted it to the new computer, clicked the Install folder and ran I think the .exe file in there. Quick and easy and worked perfectly.

I still didn't sort out the restore problem, but this gets us to where we want to be.

Nancy

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Drummin' Mama wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:08 pm
Thank you so much for your help ... I've done it another way.

Yes the other person had installed PC on her computer.

I have instead copied the entire program and data from my computer onto a USB stick, pasted it to the new computer, clicked the Install folder and ran I think the .exe file in there. Quick and easy and worked perfectly.

I still didn't sort out the restore problem, but this gets us to where we want to be.

Nancy
That's the recommended way to move the program to a new computer. The best way, of course, is to have all the computers networked and using one database, but not all churches work that way.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.